Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Mini Bag for Note Cards

Some of you will have seen this little bag that I learned how to make for 3" x 3" note cards. It's a simple little project so I thought I would share with you how to make one.

I used the Holiday Thyme Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. It's some of our double-sided paper which makes it nice because there is a pattern on both sides. It's also a really nice weight for this project.

I like the Wishing You stamp set for these little note cards - they are a nice size and you can make several note cards quickly. And, using the pre-cut and scored Love Notes which are available in the Holiday Mini Catalogue, makes these projects even quicker!

I cut a piece of the Designer Series Paper to 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Then I scored it at 2 1/4" from one side, turned it and scored the opposite side at 2 1/4". On the two sides that have not already been scored, I scored each in at 1". When scoring on Designer Series Paper, you want to be sure not to push too hard as you may actually cut the paper.

Fold the paper along the score lines, using a bone folder to get a crisp fold. Now cut as shown in the picture - along the 2 1/4" score line until it meets the 1" score line. You will cut four times. You can now form the box, sticking the sides together with adhesive. I just used SNAIL adhesive and it's holding fine!

Next, I put the stamped image on the front and then used a piece of the Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon to form the handle. It's all one piece of ribbon - start at the bottom, wrap it up one side and adhere with SNAIL adhesive in a few spots along the way, make the handle, then continue back down the other side to the bottom where you will wrap it around and continue up the other side of the bag the same way. I used the ribbon right off the spool and cut it at the end so that I used just the right amount.

You can adjust the measurements on these little bags to suit whatever you want to put in them. You might just practice on a piece of photocopy paper first until you get the right dimensions then make your good one...

Of course, I needed some note cards to put into this cute little bag so here are some samples. They are all made with the Wishing You stamp set. I used the Love Notes from the Winter Mini Catalogue in Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme. Then I used little leftover pieces of the Holiday Thyme Designer Series Paper and some of the Stitched Grosgrain to dress up my cards.


Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(Images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: