
Here are two card samples, both featuring the Carved & Candlelit stamp set, but with very different looks! The idea of using the "pumpkin" stamps to create a cactus came from another Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I was so amazed by this creative twist! So, when you are done creating your Halloween cards, you can still use your set for other cards.

You might notice some shading on the cactus... I did this by inking the stamp in Always Artichoke, stamping off once and then rolling just one side of the stamp back into the Always Artichoke ink to darken the one side. I used the Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker to draw on all the "needles" on the cactus. I also used the marker to colour just the middle 3 sections of the larger stamp to make the little cactus that has the flower on it. The flower is from the Roses in Winter set.
The cactus card also involves masking... With masking, you stamp the closest image first, in this case the small cactus on the right was stamped first. I stamped it a second time on a Post It Note and cut it out just slightly inside the image. Then I layed it over the stamped image on my card stock so that I could stamp the next image without overlapping.
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
No comments:
Post a Comment