Sunday, December 17, 2006

Brrr...!


This is a Christmas card that I received this week from my friend and downline, Melanie. Such a cute little card with so many details... The main stamp set on this is Bundle Up. Isn't it cute how the little mittens are attached with hemp around the neck of the sweater? The stamps have been coloured with Brocade Blue and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers to stamp them in the two colours. What you likely don't notice in the photo is that she has spritzed these pieces with Pearl Ex (mixed in non-aerosol hairspray) to give them some sparkle. These are all attached on Dimensionals on top of a piece of Brocade Blue card stock that has been crumpled (just take and crumple it in your hand then smooth back out - if you find that it's too hard to crumple like this, spritz it lightly with water first and it will soften the card stock a bit). This piece was then accented by rubbing the Brocade Blue ink pad directly on it. The Snowflake Spot set was used to stamp the background piece in Brocade Blue and Old Olive. This piece is aged with some brown ink around the edges, it looks like Creamy Caramel applied with a sponge and then the card stock was run right on the pad to get the edge darker. The little greeting is from the hostess stamp set called Riveting. It's punched out using the 1 1/4 inch circle punch and mounted on a piece of Brocade Blue that was punched out with the 1 3/8 inch circle punch and then the 1/4 inch circle punch makes the hole in the centre . She's used the Vintage Violet Stitched Grosgrain ribbon to finish this all off. Wow! I had to include the envelope in the photo because I thought it was so cute how she had stamped it... You can click on the photo to get a larger view and see more of the detail.

Well, my cards are nearly all finished... Yay! I've been determining the mailing order based on where people live... the further away, the sooner the card was mailed. All I have left now are people in BC, mostly on the island, so I should make it on time this year! : ) Once I get to the mailbox today, there will be 100 exactly that have left here!

Thankfully our power came back late on Friday night. I had to cancel a beginners stamping class since stamping by candlelight did not sound very safe! We're lucky to have ours back though because there are people just up the street a bit that don't have theirs yet. It's incredible to see all of the big trees that are down on the sides of the highway out here.

I am taking a break today though and heading up to Chemainus for the dinner theatre. The play is "A Christmas in Wales" so I'm looking forward to it! We're staying overnight and will be back tomorrow to continue stamp, stamp, stamping!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev: I saw Christmas in Wales at the end of November and thought it was great, hope you enjoy it!
Merry Christmas, Rhonda M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev: I saw Christmas in Wales at the end of November and thought it was great, hope you enjoy it!
Merry Christmas, Rhonda M.