My posts will probably slow down a bit over the next couple of weeks as Christmas preparations take over my time... I've just finished writing our annual Christmas letter to insert into our cards. It's always nice to reflect on the past year. I started saving our Christmas letters in 2000 so each year I skim through our highlights from years past. So many memories to reflect on!
So, let's talk stamping! My Christmas cards are progressing well. Although still disappointed that he doesn't get to use the "little hammer", my hubby has been doing some colouring with me... some of the colouring is "whimsical"! I have managed to get 52 cards finished so far. I snapped a photo tonight of the production line. I'm never able to do all of one piece and then move onto the next - I have to jump around or I get bored. So things are in all different stages right now - colouring is nearly done, some pieces are mounted on the mats, more mats need to be cut, vellum pieces need to be stamped...
I've been wanting to share this adorable card with you. It was made by another demonstrator, Suzanne, for our last swap. As soon as I saw this card, it brought a smile to my face! Such a fun little card using the hostess stamp set called "Blooming with Happiness". Did you ever notice how they used this set to make the flowered background for the circle on the tag on page 15? I thought that was brilliant when I noticed it. I must remember to do a card with that in the new year. Okay, back to Suzanne's card... I like how she did the faux stitching in the corners - she didn't worry about piercing the paper - just drew the stitches on with the white gel pen and they look great! And the ribbon just adds such a great touch to this card. So cute!
I think that I've managed to change the setting on my blog to allow comments without having to set up a Blogger account... I'd love to hear from you if you have a comment or question to leave on any of my posts.
Well, I better get some more cards done!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
Bev, I so enjoy reading your blog. Seeing the pictures of the cards is so inspiring. Since you have been blogging, you have inspired me to get more and more creative with my different crafts. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I love the tips and the card instructions, too. Hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas. See you after the holidays.
Post a Comment