
In the early fall, I had a class with a group of stampers who are quite experienced and always looking for new ideas and techniques. I designed this card with the Faux Mother of Pearl technique to do with these stampers - I was really pleased with the card. I managed to include it in a couple of other classes and people really seemed to like it. I had suggested to my husband that it might be a good card for us to make for our friends and family this year and he asked me if I could make it in brighter colours. So, I tried this second card with Ballet Blue and Real Red card stock in place of the Bashful Blue. Isn't it amazing how the same layout can look so different by just changing the colours?

We both liked the end result and I was ready to go with it, but as Christmas came closer and closer and my cards were not yet started, I decided that I needed to simplify our card... The Faux Mother of Pearl technique is not difficult, but it can take a bit of time and I was concerned that I wouldn't get them all finished before Christmas. So, we continued to think of different designs and then decided to go with a layout that I had stamped last year and we both really liked. In the end, I'm not sure I actually saved time with thi
s card, but we were very happy with the outcome.I'll be back tomorrow to share some more cards from my downline swap with you...
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment