Sunday, December 10, 2006

Snowmen... and Christmas cards

Okay, I love snowmen... We finished our Christmas decorating inside the house this weekend (the lights still have to be put up outside and we're waiting for the snow to melt to put out our big inflatable snowmen). We have snowmen everywhere! It's so much fun to open up those boxes of Christmas decorations and find the treasures that are stored inside.

It's probably no surprise that snowmen have also been featured on many Christmas cards... This is my fifth year making our cards and snowmen have been the theme for three of those years, including this one! I just recently came across my first year's Christmas card. I had only been stamping for about five months when I designed this card. It was made with an all-time favourite set - Frosty. This set is one of my most used! I'm still pretty proud of my design - relatively simple, but fun!

This next card using the Holiday Woodcuts set was our card two years ago. It wasn't until I was well into production that I realized how much work this card was! My husband helped though (I have photos of that somewhere...). He learned how to set eyelets that year... when I asked him if he would help me this year, he asked if he was going to get to use the "little hammer" again! I had to break the news to him that this year's card doesn't involve eyelets.

So, this year, the snowmen from Flaky Friends will be sending our holiday greetings out to our family and friends. Here's the scary part... I just started our cards TONIGHT!! Can you imagine? Okay, I know some of you are done (I've received several BEAUTIFUL cards in the mail already - thank you!). I'm betting though that there are at least a couple of others out there scrambling to meet the deadline like I am... Okay, we can do it! I know I'll make it in time and feel a great sense of accomplishment. And, of course, I'll be saying "next year, I'm starting earlier!"

Well, I'm putting down my card stock and markers for the evening... I hope your Christmas cards are going well.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.


(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Hollie said...

HI Bev! Love the blog! I really look forward to getting on here to find inspiration and tips! What a great job you are doing! Just wondering if there was a second set of stamps you used for the Frosty card? It looks like some sort of banners were added. What set would that have been from?? Keep up the great work! Cheers, Hollie

Bev said...

Hi Hollie! Thanks for your post - I always get excited to see a comment! I only used the Frosty set on that first card... I stamped on Whisper White card stock and then used a Hobby Blade to cut around both the snowman and the "Happy Holidays". I just did it freehand so every card was unique... Then I sponged around the edges with Night of Navy. Happy stampin'! Bev.