Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Shakin' & Spinnin' Snowmen!

I wanted to send some fun cards to my "little" cousins this year. Okay, they aren't so little anymore... They're both grown up and on their own now, but they'll always be my "little" cousins.

So, before I sent them off, I took a couple quick (and I do mean quick because the box was about to close and be rushed off to Greyhound) photos. This first one is Lindsay's card and was a brand new design that just came together as I was making it. I didn't really even have an end result in mind - just knew I wanted to make a shaker card with a snowman. This is what pressure helped me accomplish! It was a little tedious to cut around the snowman, but I really like the end result with the micro beads in behind the snowman and the snowflakes stamped on the background of the shaker box. This card is stamped entirely with the It's Snow Time stamp set which is one of my favourites.

The card I sent to Ryan will be familiar to some of you who have taken my Movin' and Shakin' class. It's a spinner card... I think this one was my own design last year - after a while, it's hard to remember what I came up with myself and what was inspired from someone else's creativity! : ) It's an easy card to make and so fun to play with! Using the Word Window punch to make the opening for the spinner really simplifies spinner cards. This card used the Frosty stamp set - a classic set that I've used in so many ways over the years.

My official card count is now 218 sent! I'm pretty much finished for this year... just a few ready to drop in the mail tomorrow morning and then a couple that will be delivered in person. Phew!! Pretty impressed with this accomplishment!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2006 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: