Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fun & Fast Notes

Hello!! Sorry about the long delay between posts... I hope you had a great long weekend!! Seems like it was so long ago now... We were very busy but it was a great weekend of accomplishment! We spent most of Saturday and Sunday working in our yard - and there was lots of work to be done!! After doing lots of clean up, I managed to re-plant the front flower bed with help from my Mom. It's much improved! There's still lots to do, but it was a great start. Rainy Monday was an inside day and we managed to do a bunch of organizing and spring cleaning.

Of course, this didn't leave much time for stamping, but I thought that I would post this card that I designed last week. I think it's really cheery in Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery. I used the Fun & Fast Notes stamp set which is one of my favourites. The scallop edge at the bottom of the card is made with the Slit punch - you start by punching it once right at the end of your strip of card stock, making sure that you have pushed the card stock all the way in so that it's flush against the back of the punch. Then move the punch over a bit so that you see just the edge of the last punch and punch again. Of course, you need to use the punch upside down for this - it's a great way to create a fancy edge. And, if you want to dress it up even more, use your 1/16" handheld punch to punch little holes in the centre of each of the scallops (I didn't do that on this card, but am going to try it sometime soon!).

Okay, I have a little bit of stamping time tonight so I'm going to get to it!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: