Thursday, May 15, 2008

Having fun with Hodgepodge Hardware

This week, I've been trying to create cards that use the Brushed Silver Hodgepodge Hardware... it's been lots of fun! Here are a couple of this week's creations.

This first one is so cute! It uses the Happy Heart Day stamp set - I think this little elephant is just adorable! I stamped him on watercolour paper with Jet Black StazOn then used an AquaPainter to colour him using Basic Grey, Rose Red and Certainly Celery inks. Notice how I used one of the big brads out of the Hodgepodge Hardware kit to gather some wide Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon. I added some Rose Red textured card stock and I roughed up the edge of the Pretty in Pink card stock to add some dimension to the card.

And, here's another card using the Live Your Dreams stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. It's actually a pretty simple card thanks to the Afternoon Tea Designer Series Paper. The Hodgepodge Hardware piece on this card is such a nice addition and it's great to have something so perfect to use with the Designer Label Punch. To ink the flower stamp, I carefully inked the flowers on the Groovy Guava stamp pad, then I coloured the centres of the flowers with a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker and inked the stems with a Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker. I love this colour combination!

Thanks for all the comments lately - sure love to hear from you when you stop by and see something that catches your eye! You don't need to have a Blogger account to leave a comment, so don't be shy! : )

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: