Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hummingbird...

I adore this card! It's the first time I've ventured into using the hummingbird stamp from the Spring Song stamp set. I was saving it for a special occasion and that was yesterday - my Mom's birthday! If you've been to a class here during the springtime, you probably know how much she enjoys hummingbirds so this is the perfect card for her and I was so pleased with how it turned out!

I stamped on watercolour paper with StazOn and then used an Aqua Painter to colour the hummingbird with Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Garden Green and a splash of Purely Pomegranate on his chin. The flowers are coloured with Summer Sun, Purely Pomegranate and Garden Green. After I was done colouring the flowers and the hummingbird, I let this dry completely and then outlined the whole image with Soft Sky. The greeting stamp is from another retired set - a favourite hostess set from a couple of catalogues back called Warmest Regards.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Wow, Bev! That's just beautiful!!!
Hollie