
First, my apologies again to everyone who had registered for the Stamp-A-Stack - I felt terrible for having to cancel, but unfortunately I was too ill to get everything ready last week. The good news is that I've rescheduled the Stamp-A-Stack for this Friday night, May 16th, at 7:00 pm. If you are able to come, we'd love to have you join us! Just contact me - bevennis@shaw.ca - to register.
I hope that all of the Moms had a great Mother's Day! I spent a nice day with my Mom... we started the day with a yummy waffle brunch thanks to my Dad. Then Mom and I stamped together while watching Mrs. Doubtfire in the afternoon before we went for dinner at Sampan. And, we finished the day by watching the season finale of Survivor.
I thought I'd share the cards that I made for Mom... The first one was from me. It was the first time that I used the All in the Family stamp set and I had so much fun with it! The greeting is from a retired set called When I Grow Up. Some of you might recognize this layout - I had used it with the butterfly from the Just Celebrate set at a Stamp-A-Stack a while ago (see it here).
My Dad had asked me to make a card for him as well - his only requests were that it have flowers and he suggested purple. So, I pulled out a set that I'm really enjoying using - Live Your Dreams. I stamped it on textured Whisper White card stock in Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard and Old Olive. I added Lavender Lace card stock to these colours. I stamped the Canvas background stamp using Whisper White Craft Ink on the piece of Old Olive card stock and then added two brads. This greeting stamp is also retired from the set called All Year Cheer II.Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
2 comments:
great cards, glad you are feeling better, looking forward to Friday night - see ya then
clb
I LOVE the All in the Family stamp set. I just got it in March and I have used it numerous times...a card for my 4 year old nephew, my neice who just turned 10, my jazzercise buddy...you don't need to know her age...mother's day and my daughter made a card for her best friend. I'm having soooo much fun with it!
Jen L
Post a Comment