Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another weekend of stamping fun!


With 20 enthusiastic stampers over two Stamp-A-Stacks this weekend, over 150 new cards were created! It was lots of fun... Here are a couple of the cards that I designed for this weekend's Stamp-A-Stacks. I was really pleased with this first one. It uses three of the new In Colour colours - Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate. The new Scallop Punch is awesome - works so well with the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches. And, the new Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon is beautiful! We used the Sweet Shapes and Happy Everything stamp sets for this one. This is a really fast and easy card and it looks great!

This card made me realize how much I was missing my Mom... She is so awesome at cutting card stock for all of my classes and when I had to cut this one myself 20 times, I was really appreciating how much work she does for us! Mom, if you are reading this in your travels, thanks for all your paper cutting expertise!! : ) This card uses a great new stamp set called Fun & Fast Notes... There were lots of variations stamped of this card as people picked different images to use. When I assembled this set, I cut the greetings off and mounted them on the ends of my wood blocks so that I could easily use the image and greeting separately and mix and match - this is the advantage of being able to mount your sets yourself. This card uses a couple of colours that I haven't used very often - Orchid Opulence and Pixie Pink along with Certainly Celery. The Basic Black sets things off nicely.

And, one last card for this evening... This one has had lots of compliments so I thought I would post it. It was created by Stacey Rumsby and is just adorable. The zebra is from the new Zoofari stamp set. Stacey added the white strips of card stock on the black background to duplicate the zebra's stripes - a great effect!

I've had a wonderful weekend... Of course, stamping is always perfect start to a weekend! After the Stamp-A-Stacks were done, I managed to spend some time with my hubby which was so nice! We've both been so busy for the last couple of months, we haven't seen much of each other. We went out for dinner and then down to the beach last night - it was such a nice evening! Today we had friends over (with their four daughters) for a visit and a BBQ so that was lots of fun! I hope you managed to enjoy our no-rain weekend too!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bev, stamp a stack on the weekend was lots of fun. I love the way you incorporated so many of the new items from the catalogue. It is always nice to be able to see things first hand before you buy them. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev, noticed your calendar is empty for August. Are you on holidays?

Bev said...

Hi Trish, I am planning to take August off... Just needing a little break. I've just posted the Stamp-A-Stack date for September though - the 14th and 15th. Hope to see you then! : ) Bev.