
I'm really enjoying the new Pick a Petal stamp set. I was a bit perplexed about how to use it when I first got it, but I'm off and stamping with it now! This first card is one that I created just before the Open House a couple of weeks ago. I just love the bright colours - Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate and Summer Sun. The flower petals are stamped on Whisper White card stock and then cut out. The faux stitching around the Summer Sun card stock really finishes this card nicely.
Sonia created this card as a make and take for our group meeting. At first, I thought it was going to be difficult to stamp the flower, but I discovered that it wasn't too bad. I actually drew myself a little circle on the card stock first and then used that as my reference to stamp the petals around. Then the flower is cut out (all one piece although you could do the petals separately if it's easier) and mounted on this piece of Kraft card stock that was stamped with the Canvas background stamp in VersaMark ink. And, notice the faux stitching all the way around this card - it took a little bit of time but I sure do like the final look!
And, this card is certainly a creative use of the Pick a Petal stamp set. Alicia made this one for a card swap. I like how she used the faux shaving cream technique on the wings. And, the Rhinestone Brads make the perfect eyes for this dragonfly!Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment