Monday, July 16, 2007

A fun evening of stamping...

I just spent a couple of fantastic hours stamping with my downline group. We decided to spend an evening stamping new cards so I now have lots to share with you over the next few days! Here are a couple...

This first one would be perfect for a new neighbour! It was stamped by Stacey using the new Neighbourhood Jumbo Wheel. Notice how she layered the punched pieces at the bottom - using both of the Oval punches along with the Key Tag Punch in behind. That's the new Taffeta Ribbon holding the greeting. This is a nice, cheery card!

This next card is Melanie's. It shows a bit of a unique way to use the Baroque Motifs stamp set that so many of you enjoyed using at the Open House... Notice how Melanie stamped the background stamp and then used a White Gel Pen to highlight some spots on the stamp. It adds a little doodling to the card and changes this very classic looking stamp to something a little more fun. Melanie added the flowers with Silver Brads to bring in some colour which is nice. And, she finished it all off with a nice piece of the new Wide Grosgrain Ribbon in Chocolate Chip.

I hope you had a nice weekend... We had a very good trip to Alberta although we decided that it was way too hot to go to the Stampede on Friday and opted to take our friends' sons to a movie instead. The air conditioned theatre was nice! We saw Ratatouille - it was a fun movie!

Well, better finish tidying up and call it a night!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Robin Stewart said...

The cards are gorgeous. I realized that I forgot to send my brads and Melanie said you provided yours so let me know how many I need to replace. Thanks a ton,

robin