Thursday, January 17, 2008

My first card of 2008... and then things got better!

Remember how I mentioned my "stampers block" a couple of posts ago? Well, tonight I thought I would show you my struggles. On Sunday evening, I started stamping for this weekend's Stamp-A-Stack. It was the first time I had stamped since I finished our Christmas cards... I spent over an hour on this first card! I tried all sorts of different things with it and this was the final version... I wasn't sure how I felt about it so I took it downstairs for a second opinion from Mom and her silence let me know that she was feeling the same way as me! Okay, this card is not in the line-up for the Stamp-A-Stack... it's not bad, but it's not great... I think it needed ribbon!! Oh well, the next 10 cards I created were better...

Okay, onto a better card... this one comes from Lucie. I really like the Priceless stamp set. I just ordered it myself and we are using it (for a different card) at the Stamp-A-Stack. This card looks great in Bashful Blue and Night of Navy, but it could so easily be made in different colours. Imagine it in Pale Plum and Perfect Plum or Rose Red and Regal Rose or Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate or Ruby Red and Cameo Coral or Tempting Turquoise and Taken with Teal or Pumpkin Pie and Apricot Appeal... the list goes on and on! I love when you have a card that you can just imagine adapting in different colours.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: