I had this all ready to go last night, but my internet decided to take the night off so I couldn't get online... so frustrating!Okay onto the good stuff. Here is something so cool... I had so much fun with this. Check out the ribbon slide on this card. It's from the Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit, but look closely... I've added some colour to it!

Here's how:
On a disposable surface (I used the lid from a sour cream container), squeeze out a small puddle of Crystal Effects. Then add a drop of ink refill. Mix with a toothpick. Next, use the
toothpick to "paint" the inside ring of the ribbon slide. If you go outside the area you are adding colour to, use a clean toothpick to lift the extra colour off. Let it dry... I left mine for a couple of hours just to be sure that they were really dry before I used them.
You can go from this:
To this:I played with a few colours... The one I used on the first card was Purely Pomegranate and I also played with Pretty in Pink and Lavender Lace. They all look great! I did notice that they seem to dry a bit darker so keep that in mind.
I made one more card with the Pretty in Pink ribbon slide. This card uses the stamp set called Simply Said.I had to order another Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit so that I will have some more ribbon slides to play with!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
Love it! I haven't yet order this kit but might have too!
Alicia
Post a Comment