Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lexicon of Love - retiring soon!


This simple card made with the Lexicon of Love and Print Pattern stamps has always been a favourite of mine. It's a great card for either a man or a woman. You could so easily change the colours and have a completely different look. This one is made with Creamy Caramel, Basic Black and Very Vanilla.

I remember designing this next card for a Stamp-A-Stack a couple of years ago when the Hodgepodge Hardware kits had just been introduced. I was so excited about how this piece of hardware framed the word "friend" so perfectly. This card uses Sage Shadow and Handsome Hunter card stock. The background piece is Sage Shadow stamped first with the Canvas background stamp in Handsome Hunter and then I did the direct to paper technique to add texture. It's a pretty simple card which could also be done in different colours.

Mom stamped this card after seeing a similar sample. This one is a little more involved with the strip down the side being stamped repetitively and then embossed. Pretty and Pink with Chocolate Chip - what a great combination!

Lexicon of Love (page 162) is retiring at the end of the month. Along with the "celebrate", "thanks" and "friend" stamps, this set has a fourth stamp with the word "cherish" defined.

I'll be back in a couple of days after I'm rested up from the Relay for Life this weekend... Keep your fingers crossed that the rain stays away this weekend! : )

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: