Sunday, June 03, 2007

Some more great swap cards!

Have you been wondering where I am? Well, just busy really. On Friday night, I went with my friend Sonia to the Western Community Relay for Life. She had volunteered to do some card making at the kids tent for a couple of hours. I was so glad that I went to help her - it was a very touching event. It was really fantastic to see the cancer survivors who were there do a victory lap around the track to start the relay. And, we had fun helping and watching kids of all ages make cards. I think the cutest thing about watching them was that so many of them coloured and assembled their cards then signed them, put them in the envelope and sealed it - all ready to go! One little kid's card was a thank you to someone for coming to the relay "to help our family" he wrote. Very touching. We'll be walking in the Victoria Relay for Life on June 15th.

Okay, so since it's been a couple of days since I posted, I thought I'd give you a few cards to look at. The first card was designed by Sonia and we made it as a make and take at our meeting last week. It uses the Summer by the Sea stamp set - one of my favourites! The flowers stamped in white across the bottom are from the Polka Dots & Petals stamp set. We stamped the little greeting on a piece of On Board Accents after we had coloured it with Rose Red Craft Ink. The greeting stamp is from the Circle of Friendship set.

Next is a fun card made by Lorraine McDonald using the Loads of Love and Loads of Love Accessories stamp sets. There's a lot of work that went into this card! What you can't see really well in the scan is that Lorraine cut our the truck and the two little presents that are falling off the back and attached them with Dimensionals. It really adds depth to the card. Also, look at how she created the road - I imagine she masked the section she wanted with Post It Notes and then used the direct to paper method, dragging the Sahara Sand ink pad over the card stock. Then she changed her masking and created some hills in Garden Green, probably using a sponge for this and then she added some Brocade Blue for the sky. The trees stamped in the background finish this scene off nicely!

This great card for a little boy is Alicia Pine's creation. The truck is from the set called By Land. The different colours on the truck are stamped on the coloured card stock and then cut out. The "Happy Birthday" stamp is from the Favourite Teddy Bear stamp set - this set is retiring... The nice bright printed paper is out of the Dots & Dashes package. And, notice that my favourite Ticket Corner Punch was used on this with silver brads added to the corners.

And, one more... This one was made by an American demonstrator, Stacie Mittelman, who swapped with me at Regionals. This is a great baby card! It uses the Bundle of Joy stamp set from the Spring Mini Catalogue. The layout of this card is fantastic and the amount of work she put into making these swap cards is so appreciated. The printed paper is from the Sarah Designer Series Paper. And, the little greeting "adorable" is from the Warm Words stamp set. This card brings a smile to my face every time I look at it!

I hope that you are having a great weekend and enjoying the sunshine! I had a chance to relax and enjoy the great weather when Mom and I went to China Town for a bit yesterday afternoon. We had a yummy lunch at the Noodle Box and then after wandering through the stores, we sat down for a bubble tea. It was so nice in the warm sun. Unfortunately, today I will enjoy the sun from inside as I have lots of paperwork to do but hope to reward myself with some stamping this evening!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: