
Here's another stamp set that is retiring... I've really enjoyed making cards with Winged Things (pg 139) and will miss using it in my stamping classes. I love the dragonfly in this set.
This first card is one that I designed a few weeks ago. It uses a technique - I have no idea if the technique has a name though... You stamp the dragonfly on vellum card stock with StazOn ink. Give it a minute or two to dry and then lay it upside down on a mouse/foam pad. Use a Stylus (or Empressor) to "colour" the dragonfly. Your vellum card stock will turn white wherever you draw with the Stylus and it will "pop" the image up a bit. Then I used the Lovely Lilac Stampin' Write Marker to outline the dragonfly before I mounted it onto a piece of Lovely Lilac card stock (cut the same size at the vellum card stock).
Mom stamped this one - lots of masking and sponging here! It's sure eyecatching though and is a card that gets lots of compliments.

And, this one is my favourite... Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Mellow Moss are a great combination for this card. The Hodgepodge Hardware piece is a nice addition to the card and it frames the greeting from Warm Words perfectly.
I'm going to stamp my luminaries for the Relay for Life this weekend now. Hope you are having a good week!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
HI Bev:
With regards to the vellum technique. There is an art form called Pergamano and it uses white ink to trace the pattern/images and different cutting tools to embelish them.
I just love how the dragonfly looks.
Mily
Post a Comment