
Well, I didn't manage time to stamp tonight but I did get a lot accomplished! I finished off my day by sorting through many of my card samples which had become quite disorganized. I pulled out many of the samples that are made with retiring sets so that I can be sure to show them around one more time this month during my stamping events. I came across this one which is an old favourite... It was one of my first cards when I started as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator nearly 5 years ago and I was extremely proud of it. I'm not sure why I didn't actually colour the little mouse in, but nonetheless, I think he's pretty cute!
This card is stamped with the Nice & Easy Notes set. This set has been great to have and I used it so much when I first started out with card making. I'm sad to say farewell to it actually...
My absolute favourite part about this card though is the cheese. I remember being so proud of this! It was just a piece of cardstock that I punched out then sponged. I like the edge which was done with a 1/4 inch punch all the way around.
The ribbon was quite an accomplishment too because this was before we had Navy Grosgrain. So, I used White Grosgrain and coloured it by laying it on the Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad and holding it down with a sponge dauber as I pulled it across the pad. I recall that I had to do this a couple of time to get it completely coloured and then let it dry for a bit before using it. This is still a great tip to keep in mind because you can have ribbon in all of our colours by doing this. Of course, I'd always rather use the ribbon already coloured as it's much easier, but it's good if you need a specific colour that you don't have.
That's it for my day... I hope that you had a fantastic weekend! I'll be back on Tuesday night with some more card samples to share!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment