As many of you know, I'm going to be walking in the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life next weekend. I'm walking with my friend Sonia's team in honour of her Mom, Rose. It's a surprise for Rose who is a cancer survivor... I'm looking forward to being able to join Sonia's family and friends in this and to remember all those in my life who have been affected by this terrible disease at the same time. By the way, before I show you the new stamping project that we did for this, I'll put in a shameless plug for donations since I'm still a little shy of my goal... If you'd like to donate to our team - Rose's Buds - you can go online (click here) and make a donation... Every dollar counts and goes towards a great cause: the Canadian Cancer Society. Donations are always accepted of course, but only those made up until Tuesday of this week will count towards our team's total. Thanks to everyone who has already donated - don't be alarmed if you go online and don't see your donation counted as all of the donations I've collected in person are being delivered to the Cancer Society on Tuesday.
Okay, on to stamping... All of our team members receive a t-shirt for the relay. Sonia and I decided that it would be fun to stamp on our t-shirts to identify all of our team members. So, we used Iron-On Transfers (from London Drugs, made by Avery). First, we printed our team name then we stamped the roses using the Roses in Winter stamp set and Craft Ink. After the ink dried overnight, we ironed these onto the sleeves of everyone's shirts. Very cool! The ink colours did change a little, I'm guessing because of the ironing process, but they still look great! We used Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Rose Red for the rose and Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke for the leaves. So, now you can stamp on your clothes or any other fabric surface easily with great results!
And, one card to share tonight... Mom made this one, inspired by a card she saw online recently. It's for a stamping class I'm teaching on Tuesday night this week with a great group of ladies. They wanted a card that could be used as a Father's Day card, but would also be suitable for other occasions if someone wanted to use it for something else. We decided that the Balmy Breezes stamp set, which is being retired at the end of this month, would be perfect for this. This sample is combined with the French Script background stamp, which is also retiring, and the Everyday Flexible Phrases. Of course, if this was to be a Father's Day card, we would just eliminate the little tag on the front and add the Happy Father's Day greeting from All-Year Cheer II to the inside. The colours on this card are Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Sage Shadow and Handsome Hunter. The tree is stamped on Naturals Ivory using Basic Brown ink with a soft touch of colour added using the Stampin' Pastels. The Natural Hemp to tie on the little tag along with the three brads add some nice touches to this card.Well, another weekend over... Hope it was a good one for you!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment