
Two weeks ago, I became a "great aunt" when my nephew and his wife welcomed their baby boy Logan! My Dad (aka Great Grandpa) is on his way to Edmonton tomorrow to meet the new little addition so tonight was reserved for getting the gift and card ready. I'll show you my creation in a minute, but first...
This is the card that Mom made. Isn't it amazing? She saw it online and fell in love, but had to adapt a bit because we didn't have the Designer Series Paper. Didn't she do an amazing job? She used the By Ones & By Twos and the In the Stars sets from the Occasions Mini Catalogue. She also used the Polka Dot background stamp (on the big piece of background card stock). She also used a retired background stamp (can't remember the name of it - it's a nice striped pattern) in the layer with the eyelets - it's stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink and really looks like Designer Series Paper. It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but she dry embossed the piece directly behind Logan's name - it's all dry embossed in little circles. Oh, and she used a white gel pen to draw the dots onto the onesie since she didn't have the patterned paper. Mom did a great job on this card!

Now for my card... Last night, I had a Movin' & Shakin' class so I was reminded about this waterfall card that I had made a couple of years ago. All of the stamps on this card are actually now retired, but I thought some of you might still enjoy seeing the card. It's such a fun card - you pull on the ribbon and all the little pictures "waterfall" open. Here's a cute idea though... On

the piece that pulls out, I added in a photograph of little Logan. I stamped on the photo using Craft Ink with the words
"welcome baby" from the Short & Sweet stamp set. You can't see this too well in the photo - it's in the bottom right corner.
Thanks for all the comments on my last post! I love receiving comments and it was great to have 4 on my last card. Glad that it was enjoyed by so many!
I'm looking forward to the weekend... Friday evening I'm going to see Paul Brandt in concert. On Saturday, I'll be doing some stamping for a class and going for lunch with a friend. And, on Sunday, I have a stamping class and we're doing all kids cards... I'll share some of them on the weekend!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2008)
1 comment:
They're both adorable!!! I love the idea of the waterfall card and the pull-out of Logan's picture! CUTE!!!
Post a Comment