Thursday, November 15, 2007

More Baroque Motifs

Baroque Motifs (pg 126) has been a favourite stamp set for many... I had never thought of it as being a set to make a Christmas card, but here's a great example of how versatile the set can be! This really simple card is stunning! It would be another great card to make multiples of for your holiday greetings. I've used Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate on this card, but you could easily substitute any colours you like. In fact, you could easily substitute different colours and a different greeting for a completely different occasion... like I've done on this next card.

I stamped this one for a class that I'm teaching tomorrow night... yes, I'm flying home from Ottawa and teaching a class just a few hours later - call me crazy! : ) The hostess for the class loves the Baroque Motifs set so I thought this would be a great card. I've used Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum on this one. Notice how I used the Tafetta Ribbon on this card - it's tied in a knot at the end and then the end is secured with a Mini Glue Dot. This is a good way to get the added touch of ribbon while being a bit more conservative on how much you use.

I liked the classic simplicity of the card as it is, but there are lots of ways you could dress these cards up even more. Touch on some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on the flowers using a 2-Way Glue Pen, do some sponging around the edges of the card and the greeting, or add some brads to the centre of the flowers.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: