This is a card that you can stamp at Santa's Workshop (coming up on November 23rd - space still available!). It uses two new stamp sets - Holy Triptych from the Holiday Mini Catalogue and En Francais. The new technique, which I have no name for but it makes me think of colour washing, can be seen in the background of the oval. First, I stamped the Holy Family in VersaMark and embossed with Gold Glory Emboss Powder. Then I used an Aquapainter and picked up some River Rock ink and washed the background with the ink. You need to make sure that you have a fair amount of water on the bristles of the Aquapainter when you do this if you don't want too much colour left behind on your cardstock. As with so many things, you are better to add more if you don't get enough, but you can't take colour away once it's on. I used Very Vanilla card stock for this technique - the result is stunning! It actually almost looks like the card stock has a bit of a shimmer once this technique is done. This is a very simple but elegant card. Click on the card to see a larger view. I'm now thinking about other cards that I can create using this technique!Our craft fair went really well this weekend... it was nice to see so many of you drop by! We were sold out of Snowman Soup shortly after the fair opened this morning - very popular little items! Mom will be busy making more this week in preparation for the Calico Christmas Craft Fair next weekend...
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment