Sunday, November 25, 2007

More holiday creations!


Can you believe that Christmas is one month from today? I've stamped lots of Christmas cards already this fall, but they've all been for stamping classes! I have lots to do in the next month!!

I thought I would share a couple more swap cards that I received this month... I know a few of you had a chance to see these in person this weekend and I saw a couple of you studying these cards.

This first one was created by Kirsten. She used the new 5-Petal Flower punch to create the main feature on this card. I'm guessing that she actually crumpled her paper first and then punched it. She has also used the Floral background stamp and the swirl from Season of Joy (in the Holiday Mini Catalogue). The little tag comes from the hostess stamp set called Party Punch and is punched out with the Designer Label Punch.

This next card was stamped by Lorraine. I love the way she has used the Designer Series Paper in the background by folding it up so you can see both sides of this great double-sided paper. This paper is from the Wintergreen package. The main stamped image is from the Seasonal Whimsy set and the greeting is from Many Merry Messages, both stamped in Always Artichoke. She has finished the card off with a nice little touch of Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon.

And, I also wanted to share this card that I designed and was thrilled to be able to offer at a stamping class this weekend. The stampers who made it seemed quite happy with their creations - they each changed the card a little bit to make it their own which was neat to see. This card is made entirely with the Hebrew Holidays stamp set. I've embossed both the Menorah and the dove in silver. The important addition to this card when I was creating it was the Vellum card stock that I placed in behind the Brilliant Blue card stock - it helped create a border that wasn't too harsh between the two blue colours.

I had a terrific weekend - hanging out with 35 stampers over 3 different classes... We had a lot of fun! Hope you had a great weekend... and here's to a wonderful week ahead!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: