
I LOVE this technique!! I had the chance to introduce it at this last Stamp-A-Stack and it received some great reviews! The faux shaving cream technique produces the same great marbled look as the shaving cream technique, but without the mess and fuss of using shaving cream! You create the marbled look right on your stamp rather than as a background piece - you are sure to have fun with this simple technique. Here's what you need:
~ a wheel with a fairly solid image
~ two colours of ink
~ card stock
I've used the Eat Cake stamp set with the Spot On jumbo wheel for this sample. Other wheels that would work well include Happy Jacks, Polka Dot Blocks, True Hearts, Scatter Sunshine or Bodacious... there are probably lots more!
Start by inking your stamp with a lighter colour of ink - I used Certainly Celery. Then roll a bit of your wheel onto your second colour of ink - I used Taken with Teal. You don't have to ink the whole wheel, just a small section will be plenty. Now, "kiss" your
stamp with the wheel by swiping the wheel on the stamp. Twist your wrist as you tap or use a side-to-side motion if you wipe. The key to creating the marble swirl is in this movement - you are swirling the two colours of ink together a bit.
Before you stamp the image down onto your card stock, it's good to "huff" or breathe on it to remoisten the ink. Finally, you'll get to see your one-of-a kind art! Every image you do with this technique will be slightly different depending on how you swirl the ink together. Fun!!Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments:
Post a Comment