This first card was made by Sonia... I've made it with a few customers at workshops over the past few weeks and it's had really great reviews! It's a simple, but striking card that's perfect for a man or woman. There are two stamp sets used on this card - Happy Hearts stamped in Real Red randomly on the background of the card and then on the Whisper White card Stock and the greeting is from All-Year Cheer III. There's a piece of Vellum paper over the greeting which adds a soft touch. Remember, when you use Vellum, you will see adhesive through so you should find a way to hide it - on this card, there's just a small dash of SNAIL adhesive under the bow to hold the Vellum paper and then the bow is attached with a Mini Glue Dot.
Isn't this card unique? The X's and O's are stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink and then punched out with the Small Tag Punch. Notice the faux stitching around the outside edges done with the White Gel Pen. The background is done with the Beyond the Basics stamp set in Regal Rose ink stamped off once. The little words are from Everyday Flexible Phrases stamped in Real Red. There's a piece of White Mulberry Paper around the edge to add a little interest. Remember, you can run a wet watercolour brush in a line on the Mulberry Paper and it will then tear easily along the line, giving you this great feathery edge.This last card was the one I made for my husba
If you haven't finished your Valentine's card yet, you are not alone! I haven't stamped mine yet either... However, I have a couple of extra days since Brent is away for the week, but I'll have to be ready on Friday when he gets home! I'll post what I create for him after I give it to him...
Okay, I'm off to stamp for a bit tonight... I should have something new to post tomorrow night!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
2 comments:
great cards Bev!
what great idea, I am going to have to save these for next year
thanks once again Bev
Carol Lynn
Post a Comment