Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Heart Day!


I hope that this special day finds you with the ones you love or holding them in your heart and thoughts if you can't be together. My husband and I are spending another Valentine's Day apart... poor guy, he's freezing in Ontario right now! I'm looking forward to a nice dinner together when he comes home this weekend though! The good news is, I still have time to make him a Valentine's card!

So, the lunch discussion with my co-workers yesterday became entertaining as many of them tried to figure out what to do for their spouses/partners for Valentine's Day... Many great ideas came out of this discussion though and one of my co-workers asked me if I would make a card for his wife... of course, I was more than willing! We had a quick look at my blog and he liked the third card that was posted on my February 12th post, but he wanted me to make it for him in green and pink, his wife's favourite colours. I wanted to show you the finished product... I really like it! It's Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink stamped with the Canvas background stamp, Lexicon of Love and Happy Hearts stamp sets.

This couple became parents almost 7 months ago and just adore their little girl... I haven't seen her in a bit so was bugging her Dad to bring some photos. When we got back to work after lunch, he received an email from her daycare with two photos of her playing so he sent them on to me. Well, I couldn't resist the opportunity to make him a surprise scrap-a-card. I used the same layout as I had shared on February 4th but changed the colours to Gable Green, Pixie Pink and Pink Passion... It's pretty cute!

Speaking of parents, I've been waiting to share a card that I made many years ago for my parents... Mom found it the other day and we thought it was pretty cute to look back on my humble beginnings of card making! I'm sure many mothers have these priceless works of art stored away, more precious than anything that could be bought in a store! I wonder how long I spent drawing hearts that day! I'll bet that I was pretty proud of the finished card and couldn't wait to give it to my Mom and Dad!

Well, have a wonderful day, filled with love!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up! - except on the last project...!!)

No comments: