Thursday, February 15, 2007

Great news!!

Remember back to last month when I was feeling so disappointed about the swap cards that went missing in the mail? Well, they arrived safe and sound in my mailbox on Tuesday!! It turns out that they had been delivered to another house that has the same house number but on a completely different street. I guess the home owners kept the envelope for a month and then decided to put it back out into their mailbox where our mail carrier found it and brought it to me! The envelope showed signs of having been wet, but fortunately the cards were all sealed inside of a Ziploc bag so were saved! So, here are some of the cards that I received...

Well, if that's not exciting enough, I've heard that some of my customers are starting to receive the Spring Mini Catalogue this week! Boy, so much mail delivery good fortune...!! : ) So since they are starting to arrive, I thought maybe I'd let you know about an exciting special that will be running in March! It's Spring Fever time... When you purchase the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set, the Petals Jumbo Wheel and the Petals & Paisley Designer Series Paper, you'll get 50% off any one item in the Spring Mini Catalogue! The Polka Dots & Paisley Bundle is $48.40. All three items in this bundle are shown on pages 8 and 9 of the Spring Mini Catalogue.

And, there's more... if you are the hostess of a workshop or in-home stamping class during Spring Fever and you have sales totaling $600 or more (before taxes and shipping), you will get 50% off any one item from the Spring Mini Catalogue - no purchase required! I'm booking for March now so be sure to contact me (bevennis@shaw.ca) if you'd like to plan a date!

You might notice that the Spring Mini Catalogue is valid until June 30th - four months instead of the usual three. This is because Stampin' Up! is starting a new catalogue schedule in July... There will now be two catalogues each year - one in July and one in January. With the new semi-annual catalogues, the mini catalogue program will also change - there will be two each year rather than four. They will come out in September and March each year. So, change is in the air and I'm excited! Here are some exciting things that will come with this new schedule:

~ great new stamp sets and accessories more often!
~ twice the inspiration each year - each new catalogue will be packed with hundreds of new samples!
~ new hostess sets will be offered twice a year, with each new catalogue!

I've had a few questions about the new catalogue program, so here's a bit more information... The retiring stamps will be announced one month before the end each catalogue - in June and in December. I don't know yet what the price of the new catalogues will be, but I do know that whether you purchase a catalogue or receive it free when you hostess a workshop, it will be a great source of ideas and inspiration for you! I'll keep you posted with more information as it becomes available...

So, this is my 100th post since I started my blog last September! I've sure had a lot of fun sharing my stamping ideas with you and I hope that you've enjoyed following along with me.

And, before I close for tonight, I just want to give credit to the artists of these wonderful cards... the first one was stamped by the swap hostess, Liane Binder - I love the layout and colours, and especially how Liane swirled the ink on the Big Blossom stamp. The next one is Sue Farrant's art - the colours are so much more vibrant in real life and I really like how Sue used the Key Tag punch for the greeting. And the third card is from Karen Motz - this card is fantastic with so many details... the card stock behind the flower was stamped with the Paisley background stamp and then the Big Blossom was stamped and embossed with Clear Emboss Powder.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Bev, what great news in receiving your cards after all this time - what a relief for you - I to got my Spring MINI catalogue in the mail yesterday

looking good.... cheers Carol Lynn