Saturday, February 03, 2007

Pick your paper!


That's how this afternoon's Card Organizer class started... with everyone choosing their own paper. From there, they decided how they would make their lunchbox tins into works of art that will store their greeting cards. I really enjoy these classes because it's so much fun to be able to see what everyone creates. By the time we were nearing the end of the class, I said that I wanted to "blog" this and everyone agreed so here are their wonderful creations! We took this group shot so everyone could pose with their Card Organizers - back row is Nora, Rhonda and Cheryl and front row is Mily and Trish.

Now, let's have a closer look at each of the Card Organizers... they are all so nice!

Here's Mily's. Mily chose her paper from the Enchante set which is in the Winter Mini Catalogue. She used my favourite - the Ticket Corner Punch - and added a couple of punched out flowers to decorate her tin.



This one is Nora's... This paper is from the Spring Flowers set. Nora got creative, punching some flowers out of the same paper that she used on the bottom of the tin and sealing them onto the lid... so cute!





Cheryl chose to use the Spring Showers paper and decided to go with one colour to cover the whole tin. She got creative by making the label on the front of her tin look like a tag using the Horizontal Slot punch and tying some ribbon on.



This tin is Rhonda's. Her paper is from the Recollections set and she added some punched flowers with buttons in the centre to decorate hers. The next tin I make will be with this paper.



And, here is Trish's tin... Also using the Recollections paper but flipped the colours around. She decorated with lots of little punched out flowers and ribbon. Isn't it amazing how two tins done with the same paper can look so different?

Well, I'm so impressed with all the creativity today... This is the third time I've had the chance to do these tins with talented stampers and I'm always so amazed by the finished pieces of art! Thanks for sharing your creations with everyone!!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Wow, the photos posted very well. The class was great. I have to let you know that the project was easier to complete than I thought. I think the hardest part was picking out the paper at the beginning. Everyone did such a great job. I look forward to making my next one and giving it away as a gift.

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Had lots of fun at the class. I agree with Cheryl - too may options to choose from when it came to selecting paper combinations. I liked Cheryl's approach- one colour. Trish and I are thinking of making another one just for Christmas cards. Thanks Bev and Terry for all your suggestions and help.