Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting ready to say farewell to Petal Prints...


I had an email from Rhonda asking me to feature cards made with this stamp set on my blog so here's a variety of cards made with Petal Prints. You know that this is one of my most used stamp sets... We've stamped all kinds of cards with it, used it for the One Sheet Wonder Class, and made silk scarves with it. I've also used it a lot for making boxes and other stamped projects. Petal Prints will be a difficult set for me to set aside... It's another that I highly recommend if you don't already have it in your stamp collection - it's only here until June 30th.

The first two cards were more swaps that I received at Regionals... the first one was made by Petty Wong. The colours are Cool Caribbean, Tempting Turquoise, Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip with Whisper White. The Oval Punch pieces for the greeting adds a nice touch. Petty used the French Script background stamp which is also retiring.

The Lavender Lace and Basic Black card was made by Melissa Jung. She actually painted on some Lumiere over the flower to give it a bit of shimmer.

This card was inspired by one that I received from my upline, Alison. I changed the colours - Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery. I've done this card in different colours. It's a great card that can be stamped really quicly and used for so many different occasions.





Notice how this next card uses the Cracked Glass technique. This one was created by Melanie Leslie for a techniques swap the my downline group had last fall.




These last few cards are some that Mom has stamped. I love the stitching with Natural Hemp on this card. It took some time but sure adds a neat look to this card. And great colours - Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and Regal Rose.


This one has so many details to add interest and texture - ripped card stock, faux stitching around the outside edges and a piece of Magic Mesh are some different additions for this card. The colours are Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue and Gable Green.


And, this last one will be familiar to some of you who stamped it at a Stamp-A-Stack some time ago. It's another quick and simple card that works well for all different occasions.



Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this stamp set, and can't believe that's its being retired! Thanks Bev for showing all of these great examples. Rhonda