Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sassy Stems


This great card was stamped by Lucie Zettel. I was excited to receive it in the Regionals swap from her. The flowers are from the Sassy Stems set. The swirls on the background strip were stamped from the By Design set and the greeting is from the hostess stamp set called Warmest Regards - both of these sets are being retired so are only available until the end of June. Lucie embossed the flowers and vase in black on vellum paper and then coloured them in using Stampin' Write Markers from the back. She's attached the vellum piece onto Whisper White card stock with Gold Brads and then used Barely Banana, Pink Passion and Gable Green card stock. It's even prettier in real life! Thanks for the great card, Lucie!

Okay, I need to get stamping to get cards ready for the Stamp-A-Stack - 6 are ready and 6 more are still to be created! Still seats on Saturday morning - drop me an email at bevennis@shaw.ca to register! We have some great new folds for you to try out on your cards at this Stamp-A-Stack!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have never thought you could emboss on Vellum, this is a great effect.

Anonymous said...

I love it - I tried this technique a few years ago and forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder

Carol Lynn