Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm going to miss this set...


Natural Beauty is one of my favourite stamp sets ever. We received it at a Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar a couple of years ago and it was love at first sight for me! I've used it so much and I'm really going to miss making cards with it for classes. If you don't already have this set (I know lots of you do), it's one that I'd really recommend purchasing before it retires at the end of June.

This first card is one that I designed for this weekend's Stamp-A-Stack and it was popular among the stampers! The colours are beautiful - Rose Red, Mellow Moss and Basic Black. I really like the words stamped down the side in White Craft Ink.

This next one was a card at a Stamp-A-Stack a couple of months ago. It was inspired by a card that I had seen Melanie, a demonstrator in my group, make. More great colours - Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant and More Mustard. I love how the words are the main focus but the leaf stamp as well as the butterfly stamp provide nice accents.

This card is a variation of one of the cards that we stamped at the Regionals when we received this set. I had this card as a make and take at one of my Open Houses. I like the little bird stamp although I haven't used it as much as the butterfly and flowers.

This butterfly card was stamped by my upline, Alison. Notice how she attached a little piece of grosgrain ribbon with a brad - I like this idea for a different way to add a little bit of ribbon to a card. The colours on this are nice - Tempting Turquoise with Chocolate Chip.

Here's another butterfly card - this is one that I designed. The Spring Showers Designer Series Paper goes well with this set. There are a couple of little interesting details on this card - the flower punched with the Spring Bouquet Punch and the paper piercing in the corners of the So Saffron card stock behind the butterfly.

I love this flower stem... This one is done in Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke along with Sahara Sand card stock. I've also used the Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker to outline the flowers giving a bit of a shadow effect.

This stamp set is so versatile. I've used it to make so many different cards. It's definitely one that will stay in my stamp collection!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back...look at all these cards...sooo nice. You are such an inspiration and I am sorry I did not have more time on Saturday, but I love the cards I did make.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite sets also, I am glad I have it. Thanks for sharing all the different styles for this stamp set.

cheers
Carol Lynn