Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hello, Friend!


Do you ever find that something really profound can happen when you really don't expect it? I had a profound experience this morning and it kept coming to mind throughout the day and now that I'm sitting at my computer, winding down for the day, I'm really thinking about it. I was teaching a class this morning... not a stamping class but a work-related class. It was just a short 40 minute class with a bunch of people who I have never met before. After the class, I was talking with a few people and one person commented that she had made lots of friends on this course that she's taking. I kind of nodded and smiled as I kept working my way to the door in an attempt to leave. Then she turned to me and said "Do you know the best way to make a friend? You just call them a friend. When you meet someone you like, call them a friend and then they'll know." Then she walked away. I thought it was a strange comment that had just come out of nowhere, but it's kept me thinking all day... She had a good point. I don't know why she felt the need to share it with me but it was thought provoking.

Since I've been thinking about this, I thought I would find a "friend" card to post tonight. This one was created a couple of years ago and I've always liked it. It's made with the Love Without End stamp set which is being retired. The colours - Taken with Teal and Whisper White - make this card very simple but crisp.

So, thank you to all my stamping friends. I'm so fortunate to have met so many wonderful customers who have grown to be friends through this hobby. I truly enjoy the opportunities we have to get together to stamp and visit!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

No comments: