
I bought the Right at Home stamp set some time ago and haven't had a chance to use it... until tonight! A woman I work with asked me to make her a card for a friend who has just moved into a new house. When I started working on the card, I realized that I knew nothing about her friend(s) - man, woman, couple...?? No idea! So, I had to make a card that would work for any situation... hope I did okay! I started with the ribbon actually and then pulled out card stock to match - Sahara Sand, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy and Mellow Moss. I stamped the houses on a piece of Naturals White with Black StazOn. Then I coloured with a Blender Pen and inks... my goal was to give this card a real watercolour look. I think I did okay but this is something that I still need to practice! After I was done colouring, I outlined the image using the Blender Pen with Sahara Sand ink. It just gives it a bit of a shadow - I like how this looks. The colour blocking that I did with the cardstock is different than my usual style and I was pleased with myself for getting a little creative. Well, I hope my co-worker likes the card... I'll let you know!
Oh, by the way, Right at Home is another set on the retiring list...
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
2 comments:
Excellent work, I have this set and was to make cards for the clients I had who bought new home...I have been unsuccessful. You have given me new inspiration!!!
I just bout this set, in hopes that we will move into our house one day!!! I ad to grab it quick beofre it was gone forever.
Post a Comment