
Happy Victoria Day! I have a few minutes before we head out for an afternoon of shopping and then another hockey game this evening before the race to catch the ferry home. It will be a fun day!
Here are a few more card samples from Regionals. I've gone through and picked out a few that are made with retiring stamp sets.
This first one is made with the Hostess set that's been very popular - Measure of Life (pg 18). It looks like the artist used a combination of two techniques on this one - Wax Crayon Resist and Polished Stone (without metallic ink). The "thank you" greeting is from Wonderful Words which is not retiring but it's matching set, Wonderful Words II, is retiring.
This one is made with Basket Full of Fun (pg 21), another Hostess set that will only be available until the end of June. I like how the artist coloured the leaves on this one, likely using the lighter colour first and then going back in with the darker colour to add some depth and interest to the leaves. She has also used the Crosshatch background stamp and the Everyday Flexible Phrases set with the Word Window Punch.
This card made with the Espressoly for You (pg 83) is great! The card stock colours look fantastic - Chocolate Chip with More Mustard. The Print Pattern background stamp is perfect for this and notice how the white gel pen was used at the tips of the diamonds on the top and the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker does the same on the bottom. The faux stitching draws attention to the main image and the piece of Hodgepodge Hardware adds a nice finishing touch along with the ribbon.
I was instantly drawn to this card with the In the Wild set (pg 137). Are you wondering how to make the giraffe facing the opposite direction? I've never actually done this myself, but what you need to do is use a big solid stamp - we had one last year in a set that I think was called Big Shapes. It was a big solid rectangle shape. You ink the giraffe well and then press it into the solid stamp then stamp that one down onto your card stock. You will have the reverse image. I would think that it would be easiest to stamp the reverse stamp first and then your direct image.
This card uses the All Natural set (pg 91). I've used this set a fair amount, but never the pear. I thought it looked really nice on this card. The artist did a great job of colouring and shading, again probably starting with the lightest colour and adding in darker highlights. One detail that I really noticed was the strip of Really Rust card stock that was crumpled and the highlighted using direct to paper to add Really Rust ink - just crumple your paper, maybe a few times, then flatten back out and rub the ink pad right over top of the card stock. It will touch along the creases and add some texture.
And, one more for today... The leaf stamp and the greeting are both from Autumn Leaf Prints (pg 131) - another retiring set. Lots of neat details here but the one that I thought was the most unique is on the piece of More Mustard card stock - it was stamped with the Canvas background stamp and then the four sides were folded up and secured with a brad in each corner. I would imagine that you would want to score this card stock before folding... Very nice detail!Well, I must run... I can see the Metrotown Mall from our hotel window and I think it's time to get over there! Have a great day!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin Up!)
No comments:
Post a Comment