Sunday, January 21, 2007

Card stock storage solution...


I had an email today asking me about how I store my card stock. So, here's a picture of one of my storage bins... The bins are from Staples (similar bins are available at most stationery stores) and I have hanging files in them. We made tabs in the card stock colour and wrote the colour name on them. I find it a lot easier to find the colour I want with having the tabs in the corresponding card stock colours. I have the bins separated by colour family - I've had to expand to two bins for this, with two colour families in each. Then I have one bin for all my neutral colours and I've added the In Colour colours here as well. These bins come with lids too so if you aren't able to store them in a cupboard, you can keep dust out of your card stock and you can stack the bins if you need more than one.

I've tried lots of different ways to store my scraps... in one bin (too much digging to find the right colour though) and in the same hanging file as my full sheets (often became damaged by the larger sheets). I've now set up a fourth bin which is just for scraps - I have one hanging file for each colour in there as well but all the colours are in one bin. I've heard of other people who have their scrap hanging file right in behind the hanging file with the full sheets. This might make more sense, but I'm used to it the way I have it now, so I'm sticking with it!

I store my 12" x 12" card stock, Designer Series Paper and Simply Scrappin' Kits in Stampin' Up!'s paper holders as shown on page 235 of the Idea Book & Catalogue. Since I don't use the 12" x 12" card stock or papers as much, this works well. Note that the prices for the paper holders have been reversed in the Idea Book & Catalogue - the 8 1/2" x 11" paper holder is $8.50 and the 12" x 12" paper holder is $11.50.

It was a bit of an investment to get set up like this, but I do really like it. And, it makes it much easier and faster to find the card stock I need as well as to know when I'm getting low on a favourite colour.

Happy storing!

Bev.

No comments: