Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sell-A-Brate everyday...


I'm going to be posting a new Sell-A-Bration card sample every day for the next couple of weeks! I expect to receive 24 cards from a swap that I was in with other talented Stampin' Up! demonstrators so thought I would share them with you here...

Since the swap hasn't arrived yet, tonight I'm posting one of my creations. It's another made with the Very Punny set. I've been wanting to do a card using the two Tag Punches and then attaching a Word Window Punch piece looped through a hole made with the Horizontal Slot Punch. I thought this would be cute with this little set. The colours were from my Colour Coach again (of course!) - Brocade Blue, Regal Rose, Mellow Moss and So Saffron.

I just finished my Techniques I class... We had a great evening and at the end, an "ah-ha" moment happened... Some of the ladies were talking about this Very Punny Sell-A-Bration set and how they really like the little images but would like to be able to use them without the words. They were sharing tips about how you can do this - covering the words with a Post-It note or tape when inking, wiping the ink off with a Q-Tip after inking or stamping off the edge of the pad... All good options, but then it was suggested that you could just cut the words off when you mount your stamps and put the words on the end of the wood block. I thought that I had shared this tip with all of my customers before, but apparently not. So, I thought I better post it here to be sure you all know that this is one of the greatest advantages (in my mind) to being able to mount your own stamps... I took a picture of some of the stamps from my Little Hellos set that I mounted like this. There are lots of sets that you could do this with... Greetings Galore is another that comes to mind. I also did it with my Friend to Friend set so that the greetings (Happy Birthday!, Thank You! and Thinking of You.) were mounted at the end and can be used without the quote if I want. It just helps to make your stamps that much more flexible.

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bev
Loved the class and had had a blast. Even though I've been stamping for 9.5 years, I learnt new tricks. To think that a discussion on how to stamp without getting the words would be a blog topic - wow. Say "hi" to Mom and see you both soon.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Bev,

I also had a great time last night. Your tip on mounting words and pictures separately opened up a whole new world of possibilities for me. Thanks for a great evening.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev:

Loved the class, had oodles of fun, I always look forward to your classess; and the tip on mounting the words on side of the stamps is just great, wish I learned that one sooner.
Showed the technique sheets with hubby and he thinks they are cool.
Mily

Anonymous said...

oops! Did not mean to post it as annonymous, . Last post was from me, Mily