Saturday, January 13, 2007

We Sell-A-Brated!!


Wow! What a wonderful day!! Thank you to everyone who came out to my Sell-A-Bration Open House today. It was so great to see each of you. It was certainly a busy day - a special thanks to everyone for their patience, especially this afternoon when we were suddenly "standing room only". So much for my comment that the afternoon is normally quieter! I was so impressed by all of the beautiful cards that were stamped - everyone did such a fantastic job!!

For those of you who weren't able to join us today, here are the three make and take cards that we had... This first one is made with the Big Blossom Sell-A-Bration stamp along with the Riveting hostess set. The circle greeting from the Riveting stamp set makes a nice centre for the flower. The little flowers at the bottom are the centre of the Riveting stamp punched out with 1/2" circle punch.

This next one was originally made by Eleonor, another Stampin' Up! demonstrator who was in the big card swap... I really like the colours on this card - Tempting Turquoise and Gable Green. The bottom piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock is stamped with the Aida Cloth background stamp. The little strip of Gable Green card stock almost looks like ribbon and the brads add a nice accent. The top is stamped with the Seeing Spots set. The little fish is from the Very Punny Sell-A-Bration stamp set. Such a fun card!

The third card is stamped with the Happy Harmony Sell-A-Bration stamp set - this might be my favourite of the Sell-A-Bration sets. This card looks better in real life than the scan... The main card is Very Vanilla which I stamped with the "splatter" stamp out of Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Lavender Lace after I had stamped the greeting - I stamped it several times before re-inking so that I would get differents shades. The Lavender Lace strip is also stamped with the Itty Bitty Backgrounds. The flowers were inked with Stampin' Write Markers - Lavender Lace and Mellow Moss and then the card stock was sponged around the edge with Creamy Caramel ink.

So, I know some of you are waiting to hear the outcome of the door prize draws. First, let me tell you that I decided to make up three more prizes since we had so many people come today! So, there are five winners!! The names drawn for the three new prizes are... Colleen H., Val and Hollie! One basket of stamping goodies goes to Jamie and the grand prize basket was won by Carol Lynn! Congratulations to all the winners!! : )

Here's a photo of part of the displays today... there were lots of cards, scrapbook pages and other stamped projects out for everyone to look at.

Thanks again for sharing in another day of stamping with me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the open house, it was a lot of fun. The cards we made were terrific and I think it has inspired me to use some different colors than I normally would. Congratulations to all of the winners, you are very lucky people. Thanks again Bev.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for a lovely Open House. I guess I can say better late than ever, especially arriving later in the day and being the winner of the Grand Prize. Thank you so much and I look foward to seeing my prize at the next Stamp and Stack.
Thanks again Bev and also Terry

Carol Lynn