Thursday, January 25, 2007

More swap cards...

Here are a couple more cards from our recent swap. This first one was made by Maggie using the hostess stamp set called Blooming with Happiness and the word "forever" from the Wonderful Words II set. This card is really striking in real life. The layers of vellum paper bring softness to the card. I really like how she has added gold dots on the dress with the Zig Painty (page 224). A little detail to note - look at the scalloped edge at the top of the card. Maggie used the 1/2" circle punch to punch out several circles which she then attached in behind the strip of card stock that's at the top of the card. Another handy use for circle punches!

This next card was created by Suzanne. I think she might have been inspired by a Sell-A-Bration card sample - you can see this card on a previous blog post from January 14th. It's great to see how a basic layout can be "recycled" on another card with very different results. Change the stamp set or change the colours, add your own special touch (like the extra ribbon on Suzanne's card) and you have a similar but unique card. This card is stamped with the Olive You stamp set. Fun!

Well, I've had a busy evening and am ready to call it a day! Looking forward to the weekend!! : )

Happy stampin'!

Bev.

(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cards are great. The explanation of the scalloped edge is fabulous. It's always nice to learn new ways to use punches.

Anonymous said...

I love the card made by Robin. I stole the idea of the tag and vellum and ran with it! I am always trying to come up with ideas for the tag sets. Thanks for sharing.