
I was having difficulty coming up with a card for a swap that I'm in... I was suffering from "stampers block" and wasn't having much design success. I couldn't get the layout of the butterfly card that I posted a few days ago out of my head so I finally gave into that and here's the design that I went with. I really like it! So, I got busy and made 24 of these little cards... whew!!
The card is made with the Sell-A-Bration stamp set called Delight in Life. The colours work well together - Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Whisper White bordered with Basic Black which really makes them "pop" on the card. The flower is stamped, cut out and then coloured using Stampin' Write Markers... I coloured the centre with So Saffron and then coloured the petals with Regal Rose and highlighted them with Rose Red. The leaves are just the flower petals cut out individually, coloured with Certainly Celery and outlined with Old Olive then set in behind the flower. I added a touch of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the centre of the flower with the 2-Way Glue Pen after the card was all assembled.
I'm looking forward to receiving all of the other cards from this swap next week sometime and being able to share some samples with you on my blog as well as at my Open House on Saturday, January 13th! I hope you are planning to come... drop me an email (bevennis@shaw.ca) if you need more information!
Happy stampin'!
Bev.
(All images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
2 comments:
This is my favorite new style of your cards. With all the layering and the coordinating colors...just striking. Great job Bev!!!
I was lucky enough to be in this swap. Bev, this card is absolutely gorgeous in person!!! Love it!! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment